How to Change Windshield Wipers on a Subaru Impreza
Your Subaru Impreza’s windshield wipers are an important safety feature, keeping your view of the road clear during rain, snow, and other inclement weather. But like all parts of your car, they eventually wear out and need to be replaced.
Changing your windshield wipers is a relatively simple task that you can do yourself in just a few minutes. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process, step-by-step.
We’ll also provide some tips on how to choose the right wipers for your Subaru Impreza, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible visibility on the road.
So if your windshield wipers are starting to streak or chatter, don’t delay – read on to learn how to change them!
|Open the hood of your Subaru Impreza.
|Locate the wiper arms on the windshield.
|Press down on the release button on the wiper arm and pull the arm away from the windshield.
|Remove the old wiper blade from the arm.
|Install the new wiper blade onto the arm.
|Push the wiper arm back onto the windshield.
Tools and Materials Needed
To change the windshield wipers on a Subaru Impreza, you will need the following tools and materials:
- New windshield wiper blades
- Wristband or rags to protect your hands
- Penetrating oil (optional)
1. Remove the old wiper blades.
- Park your Subaru Impreza in a well-lit area.
- Turn off the engine and allow the wipers to cool down.
- Open the hood of your Subaru Impreza.
- Locate the wiper arms. They are located on the top of the windshield, near the corners of the hood.
- Each wiper arm has a small button or lever on the end. Press or push down on the button or lever to release the wiper arm from the windshield.
- Carefully remove the old wiper blades from the wiper arms.
- If the wiper blades are stuck to the windshield, you can use a penetrating oil to loosen them.
2. Install the new wiper blades.
- Align the new wiper blades with the wiper arms.
- Make sure that the wiper blades are facing the correct direction. The rubber part of the wiper blade should be facing the windshield.
- Press down on the button or lever on the end of the wiper arm to secure the wiper blade in place.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for the other wiper arm.
Changing the windshield wipers on a Subaru Impreza is a relatively simple task that can be completed in a few minutes. By following these steps, you can keep your Subaru Impreza’s windshield clean and clear of debris.
How to Change Windshield Wipers Subaru Impreza?
Windshield wipers are an important safety feature on your Subaru Impreza. They keep your windshield clear of rain, snow, and other debris so that you can see the road ahead clearly. If your windshield wipers are not working properly, it can be dangerous to drive.
Changing the windshield wipers on your Subaru Impreza is a relatively simple task that you can do yourself in a few minutes. Here are the steps involved:
1. Gather your materials. You will need:
- New windshield wipers
- Penetrating oil
2. Park your car in a safe location. Turn off the engine and set the parking brake.
3. Open the hood. Locate the windshield wiper arms. They are usually located on the top of the windshield, near the front of the car.
4. Remove the old wiper blades. There is a small button on the end of each wiper arm. Press the button and slide the wiper blade off the arm. Repeat for the other wiper blade.
5. Apply penetrating oil to the wiper arm nuts. This will help loosen the nuts so that you can remove them.
6. Use the wrench to loosen the wiper arm nuts. There is one nut on each wiper arm. Turn the nuts counterclockwise until they are loose.
7. Remove the wiper arm nuts. Once the nuts are loose, you can remove them by hand.
8. Install the new wiper blades. Slide the new wiper blades onto the wiper arms. Make sure that the rubber part of the wiper blade is facing the windshield.
9. Secure the wiper blades with the nuts. Tighten the nuts until they are snug.
10. Close the hood. Test the wipers to make sure that they are working properly.
If your windshield wipers are not working properly, there are a few things you can check:
- Make sure that the wiper blades are installed correctly. The rubber part of the wiper blade should be facing the windshield.
- Check the wiper arm nuts to make sure that they are tight. If the nuts are loose, the wiper blades may not be able to move properly.
- Clean the windshield. A dirty windshield can make it difficult for the wiper blades to work properly.
- Replace the wiper blades. If the wiper blades are worn out, they may not be able to clean the windshield effectively.
If you have checked all of these things and your windshield wipers are still not working properly, you may need to take your car to a mechanic.
Here are a few additional tips for changing your windshield wipers:
- Change your windshield wipers every six months or so. This will help to ensure that your wipers are working properly and that you can see the road ahead clearly.
- Do not use your windshield wipers on a dry windshield. This can damage the wiper blades and the windshield.
- Be careful when using de-icer on your windshield. De-icer can damage the rubber on the wiper blades.
- If your windshield wipers are frozen to the windshield, do not try to remove them by force. This could damage the wiper blades and the windshield. Instead, use a hair dryer to melt the ice.
By following these tips, you can keep your windshield wipers in good working order and ensure that you can see the road ahead clearly.
Changing the windshield wipers on your Subaru Impreza is a relatively simple task that you can do yourself in a few minutes. By following the steps in this guide, you can keep your windshield wipers in good working order and ensure that you can see the road ahead clearly.
How To Change Windshield Wipers Subaru Impreza?
1. What tools do I need?
You will need:
- A Phillips head screwdriver
- A flathead screwdriver
- Windex and a paper towel
- New windshield wipers
2. How do I remove the old wipers?
1. Turn off the ignition and open the hood.
2. Locate the wiper arms on the windshield.
3. Use the Phillips head screwdriver to loosen the two screws that secure each wiper arm to the windshield.
4. Use the flathead screwdriver to pry the wiper arm away from the windshield.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other wiper arm.
3. How do I install the new wipers?
1. Align the new wipers with the wiper arms.
2. Insert the wiper arms into the slots on the new wipers.
3. Tighten the two screws on each wiper arm with the Phillips head screwdriver.
4. How do I adjust the wipers?
1. Turn on the ignition and turn on the windshield wipers.
2. Use the flathead screwdriver to adjust the position of the wipers until they are evenly distributed across the windshield.
5. What are some common problems with windshield wipers?
- Wiper blades that are streaky or leave streaks: This is usually caused by old or dirty wiper blades. To fix this, simply replace the wiper blades with new ones.
- Wiper blades that chatter or make a noise: This is usually caused by a loose or damaged wiper arm. To fix this, tighten the screws on the wiper arm or replace the wiper arm if it is damaged.
- Wiper blades that don’t work at all: This is usually caused by a problem with the wiper motor. To fix this, you may need to have the wiper motor repaired or replaced.
6. How can I prevent windshield wiper problems?
- Replace your wiper blades regularly: Wipers should be replaced every 6-12 months, depending on how often you use them.
- Keep your windshield clean: A dirty windshield can make it difficult for the wipers to work properly. Wash your windshield regularly and use a de-icer in the winter to prevent ice from building up on the windshield.
- Avoid using your wipers on a dry windshield: Wiping a dry windshield can damage the wiper blades and the windshield. Only use your wipers when it is raining or snowing.
7. Additional resources:
- [How to Change Windshield Wipers](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i-4-2z2-0A)
- [Windshield Wipers: How to Choose the Right Ones](https://www.caranddriver.com/features/windshield-wipers-how-to-choose-the-right-ones)
- [How to Fix Windshield Wipers That Don’t Work](https://www.autotrader.com/car-tips/how-to-fix-windshield-wipers-that-dont-work-233075)
In this article, we have discussed how to change windshield wipers on a Subaru Impreza. We started by identifying the tools and materials you will need. Then, we walked you through the steps of removing the old wipers and installing the new ones. We also provided some tips for making the process easier.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
With a small office in 18 Ely Place, 2nd Floor, New York, NY – 10006, our journey began with a simple yet powerful vision: to make technology work for people, not the other way around.
From 2019 to 2022, we specialized in providing a seamless ‘PST to Mbox’ Converter service, a niche but crucial tool for countless professionals and individuals. Our dedicated team worked tirelessly to ensure that your data migration needs were met with efficiency and ease. It was a journey filled with learning, growth, and an unwavering commitment to our clients.
In 2023, we embraced a pivotal shift. While our roots in data conversion are strong, we realized our potential to impact a broader audience. We expanded our horizons to address a more diverse array of tech challenges. Today, we are more than just a service provider; we are a hub of knowledge and solutions.
Our focus now is on delivering in-depth articles, insightful content, and answers to queries that are hard to find or often misunderstood. We understand the frustration of searching for reliable information in the vast ocean of the internet. That’s why we’re here to be your compass, guiding you to accurate, trustworthy, and valuable insights.